Inconel® is a registered trademark (of Special Metals Corporation) referring to a family of austenitic nickel-chromium super alloys. Inconel is typically used in applications where high temperatures are present due to a thick, stable passivating oxide layer which is formed when Inconel is heated. This layer protects the Inconel's surface making it resistant to heat. In addition to heat, Inconel has a high resistance to corrosion, pressure and oxidation. Inconel superalloys also have excellent mechanical properties and are frequently used in the chemical and aerospace industries.
Inconel Options We Offer
- Haynes 617 - An ideal choice for the aerospace industry and high temperature applications due to its excellent oxidation resistance properties.
- Inconel 188 - Readily fabricated for commercial gas turbine and aerospace applications. Offered in sheet, plate and bar.
- Inconel 600 - Frequently used in chemical processing, food processing and jet engine components.
- Inconel 625 - Ideal for hardware and components in the power, aerospace and chemical processing industries. Offered in sheet, plate, bar and forgings.
- Inconel 718 - The preferred material for cryogenic storage tanks, turbines, downhole shafts and wellhead parts offered in sheet, plate and bar.
- Inconel X-750 - Commonly used for gas turbine components, including blades, seals and rotors.
Click here to Request a Quote from Altemp Alloys
or call us today at 800-227-8103